Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bird Cage and Flowers


Hello to all my Blogging friends.

I've finally got something new that I wanted to show you.
 I had made the purple flowers using the Spellbinders Rose Creations die, (I love this die cutting set) and then wanted something different to display them on so came up with this dimensional bird cage using the Marianne Creatable Bird Cage Die and the Marianne Creatables Folklore Birds.
I've cut off the bits at the sides, near the feet so I could join all the sides together and I've done this just with a very thin double sided tape.
I used two of the folklore birds die cuts and hooked them onto the top of the birdcage by the upside down hearts, oh I forgot to say that I also cut off the hanging part of the bird cages, and used a tiny bit of glue to make them stay put.
And at the sides I hooked them together with the little swirls.

I added a couple of Eyelets to the centre of the flowers to reinforce them  so I could thread some ribbon through.


Thank you for taking the time to visit.



10 comments :

Helen said...

wow, so pretty!

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Absolutely adorable!! love your purple rose and the bird cage is awesome
Love Jenni xx

Quilt Inspiration said...

Baukje, your bird cage is absolutely exquisite, and the lovely flowers are the perfect embellishment. How beautiful ! You are very talented at this art, and your design skills are outstanding.
We really enjoyed reading about how you assembled this beautiful project.
Best wishes from Marina and Daryl

Baukje said...

Beautiful card I love it!
Greetings Baukje

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Baukje, how creative and so beautifully done. It is simply stunning your detail is just Lovely and so fantastic, I love it. I love your art and creative mind! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!! Please take a look on my Blogspot.
Hugs from Marina.

Artes de Nágela said...

Very beautiful your bird cage!

Only By His Grace said...

Just gorgeous Baukje. you are very creative to make this bird cage. I love how you did the top and the flowers are beautiful.
Hugs maz

dutchess said...

wow that is a real piece of art .It would only last 2 seconds with my cats around though.xxx

Anonymous said...

Some really interesting points you have written. Aided me a lot, just what I was looking for : D.

Ngoc Dieu said...

ya, beautiful