Saturday, September 24, 2011

Santa's Sleigh Banner


Good morning everyone.

Today  I've got something other than a card to show you.
I'm always thinking of different ways too use embossing folders other than just as a background.
Well I suppose its still used as a background here but just not on a card.
Anyway this is the Funky Poinsettia Craft Concepts folder and after I embossed it I brayered Memento Lady Bug onto the debossed side and added yellow Kindy glitz to the centres of the poinsettias.
I then cut three longish triangles from embossed piece and layered them onto white card and then onto the red which have a little more room at the top so I could add some eyelets to thread the ribbon through.
Santa's sleigh is a Marianne Creatable and was cut from some red cardstock and I did a little white highlighting with a pen.
The reindeer is a Marianne Creatable and all have small black flat back pearls for eyes and Rudolf at the front as a red one for his nose.
Sorry the photography isn't the best

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit.

7 comments :

Artes de Nágela said...

I loved it.
The reindeer seem made ​​of chocolate!
Hugs!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Baukje!
How gorgeous. I love your banner. Where is Santa? have they gone without him LOL ???
Hugs Maz

Baukje said...

Wow what a beautiful and a very good idea!
Greetings Baukje

Patti Jo said...

Okay now I was trying not to have to get the sleigh and reindeer and I was looking at that folder too! :) Great job on your banner Baukje! Love all the details!!!

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

That is such a great idea!! how big is it? will it go on the wall or drape round the tree, love it
Jenni xx

Trish said...

Gorgeous work Bee,love the banner it looks fantastic,Trish

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Love your banner Baujke! A fab idea for Christmas.

Congrats on winning the Blog Candy over at Bev Rochester's 'All the Things I love' blog! How fun to win something special!

{{hugs}}
Jocelyn