Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Chloe


Good Morning Blog friends.

Our grand daughter Chloe is turning 14 next month (where did the time go, wasn't she only born yesterday).
When I let myself think about how old our grand children are getting, it also reminds me of how old I am getting.
Anyway onto my card I have made for her.
I was driving home one day and passed this yard where they had samples of fencing like the one below,
and thought I could make one like it to put on a card using Martha Stewart's Garden Trellis deep edged punch

To make it I took my piece of card stock punched the trellis along the top then scored the lines with the Martha Stewart Score Board to represent the slats in the fence.
Then I cut some strips of card ran an embossing tool along the back to round them a little then stuck one between the lattice and the slats and one down each side for the fence posts.
The fence tops are just punched circles which I gave some shaping to and stuck them on with a dimensional dot.
The Bassettgirl digital image was coloured with copics, the clouds I did with Summer Sky Memento ink by sponging around some card cut into cloud shapes.
My hollyhocks were made with a small flower punch and the leaves are the Pair of Ferns Die from Cheery Lynn.
The grass is a Pine branch punch, and what you cant see is the Fiskars Texture plate Paws hidden behind on my base card.

Thanks again for stopping by.

4 comments :

Artes de NĂ¡gela said...

Baukje,

Very beautiful!
I loved it!

Only By His Grace said...

The flowers, the fence and the gate look awesome. I love the doggie and you ahve colored him beautifully.
An all round fabulous card. I love it.
Hugs Maz

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Brilliant card Baujke, love what you have achieved with those punches and your imagination!
Love Jenni xx

Gail said...

What a beautiful card...I have beagles and this bassett is adorable...I just love hounds! Great card! --Gail