Saturday, July 16, 2011

60th Birthday

My husband John had a 60th Birthday that went on for almost two weeks, my eldest daughter and I organised a party for him which we had on the 9th of July his actual birthday was on the 14th.

The reason it went on for so long is that our other two children and grand children came down from NSW for the two weeks to celebrate it with him, which was wonderful, but now that they have all gone back home again we miss them so badly all over again.

Below is the card/book I made for him, I didn't have time to take photos before giving it to him (I was still trying to finish it while the children were all here), so I've  taken photos now and blurred out all the messages written to him.
This was a cheap little cardboard/chipboard book I bought and covered with papers and then decorated with different stamps and die cuts, a little brass frame which holds a photo of our three beautiful children.
Some of the embellishments like the DAD letters, hammer etc. were recycled from cards given to their dad on fathers day.
All seven grandchildren wrote special messages to their Pa which I put into the envelope I made to hold them.







4 comments :

Trish said...

What a gorgeous idea,fantastic work,Trish

Baukje said...

Hello Baukje
what a clever piece of work that you did great!
Greetings Baukje

Paper Lace and Card Nook said...

Just wonder Baukie love your rustic book.
hugs Carolyn

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Ohhh, this is fantastic Baukje! Love it!